Monday, January 14, 2008

They Screamed My Name In A Shopping Mall

The teacher in me delivers today's lesson: Being stubborn will not pay.

Despite big dark evil looking clouds invading our skies each day, I indignantly refuse to carry an umbrella out with me.

As I left school today, the skies opened up like our Merlion in the Singapore river. I was very well trapped since the nearest shelter and my destination (shopping mall) was a good 100 metres away. Running across was not an option since I think I would have drowned within 10 steps without an umbrella.

Besides, me is teacher. Got public image to uphold. Cannot anyhow run here run there.

Waiting patiently beneath a HDB block, this group of my student (all girls) came across. Each with an umbrella. Observing my forlorn situation, they gleefully jumped into the rain, waving their umbrellas about.

They laughed, they taunted the teacher without the umbrella. But they all ran away very quickly after I kindly offered threatened to give them more homework if they stayed.

Students nowadays (shakes head and sign).

Lucky me smart. Navigate to the nearby bus stop to take bus to shopping mall.

Heart pain, 61 cents you know.

At the shopping mall, I saw the same group of students. At the very public shopping mall, with tons of people inside, they screamed, Mmmmmrrrrr (innnsseertt mmmyyy ssssuuurrrnammmee), you again! , before proceeding to jump and run towards me.

At the instant they screamed, hundreds of people turned towards me.

I have never been so paiseh.

2 comments:

The Bimbo said...

haha I can totally imagine that!!!

The Blabbering Me said...

hahaha! I wanted to be a ostrich at that moment. But head cannot bury into ground..