Tuesday, January 1, 2008

And Off She Flies To, Far Far Away

I had an incredible busy festive period with outings after outings and gatherings after gatherings. So much so that all the time I spent at home this couple of days was on the bed.

So much so that my lips parched and cracked from a lack of moisture due to inadequate water intake.

And as I watched the welcome fireworks for 2008 over Marina Bay at the Padang yesterday, a wave of nostalgic sentiments swept over me. As a friend proclaimed, and I agreed, 2008 will be good no matter how bad it will turn out. For 2008 signifies the end of 2007 (and 2006), the two years where we male species waste 2 years of our life donning the green army uniform.

My very first thoughts of 2008 was that Female Friend would be flying away today. To a far far away place called China.

With her boyfriend.

But I'm sorry to tell you I am not going to do a korean-drama style of running to the airport to stop her from leaving at the very last minute.

Because she will be there only for 9 days. Or 216 hours. Or 12960 mins. Or 777600 seconds. She will come back to Singapore.

I hope she will be back soon.

Meanwhile, happy new year to everyone!

No comments: