Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"Teacher! I Found A $2 Note"

Being a extremely hard working and dedicated teacher I am, I almost forgot to take lunch today.

To cut the whole grandmother story very short, a student interrupted my not-very-nice-tasting lunch (what to do, at 3+ pm those stalls with very-nice-tasting food close stall and go home already. only those cannot-make-it stalls remain open to prey on left-with-no-choice victims like me).

She (student) attempted to pass me this $2 note. Without hesitation I reached for it. My hand reach halfway, then I recalled that I had used my $2 note to pay for my food so its definitely not mine. But a very wise man once said:

Never mind, Got Money Take First Then Say

And the very last moment, she declared : "Teacher! I found this on the floor."

And I was very well stunned. Because I cannot remember the last time anybody did not want to keep money they found on the floor. Especially since $2 should be alot of money to a lower sec student.

People walk on streets outside pick up 10 cents coin they also lagi happy the whole day. In fact I think if you take a $2 note and hand it over to the nearest police post they will lock you up and charge you in court for being a public nuisance.

After recovering from my shock, I told her to give the money to the general office instead as I think I will be tempted to keep the money for myself I think that is the proper procedures.

I may not have any remaining the highest moral values. But I cannot be worse then a sec one student right?

Hmmm, need to record this good deed I did today in my "Good Karma" File. Teacher must set good example. Be role model. So I diligently update my file. One fine day if I'm summoned to see whether I qualify for heaven or hell, I will be well prepared.

Problem is,

My "Bad Karma" file very thick ; My "Good Karma" File very thin.

How

3 comments:

FoxTwo said...

Well... a quick and easy solution would be to convert! New religion, new "file(s)"!

Tada!!!

Anonymous said...

Christianity is having a promotion. If you have lesser than 5 files, they offer to write off 3.

The Blabbering Me said...

well foxtwo, if it was so easy to convert, I would have done so long ago!

I do not think I even qualify if they offers "year-end sale", let alone just promotion