Friday, January 4, 2008

I Am Still In The Teacher's Room

I'm typing this from my workplace in school. At 4.00 pm. So those who thinks relief teaching is relaxing should think twice.

I'm not slacking now. I'm just waiting for my turn to use the photocopier. You will think thats strange because I count... one.. two.. three.. four.. five..six.. photocopiers around me. Yes you read right, six photocopiers. Of which 3 or 4 normally with paper jams and the dumb dumb teachers dunno how to take the stuck paper out. Oh well, I also dunno how to clear the stuck papers.

Unfortunately, of the six avaliable, only one can do mass printing. The others churn out your papers like snails and we(teachers) are not supposed to use them in case they breakdown, probably due to overload.

And I must say again, teachers work very hard. The current teacher has been on the mass photocopier for more then half an hour. And good god, she is armed with enough papers for a long world war. God Bless her students, I tell you.

By the way, I used up 2 reams of paper today. Which means to say I have use up like 500 X 2 = 1000 pieces of white paper. See, I am very hard working also. And a while ago I signed out for another 3 reams of paper. So technically, today, I am the most hardworking teacher in the school since I draw out the most paper.

And oh I also must tell you.........WAIT........

Another teacher armed with enough paper for a short world war is approaching, I must faster go chop my place in the queue.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please save the trees.

The Blabbering Me said...

!!

That sounds like something my students will say.

Save trees=less paper usage=less worksheets.

Min-tea said...

Being a relief teacher is never easy because the students know that you're temp, so they won't really listen to you. I did my stint as an art and PE teacher those years ago and I still have scars to prove that it wasn't as easy as people think.

The Blabbering Me said...

min-tea:

what you say is so true. respect from the students have to be earned.

sounds like you had it hard during your relief days =S