Saturday, December 15, 2007

And She Was Late For The DATE

Female Friend arranged to meet up with me at 1230 pm today.

At 1234 pm, Female Friend was nowhere to be seen. And my suspicions that she is going to be late unfortunately turned true after exchanging a series of SMSs.

Female Friend: Me is going to be late. Dun ask me where I am. Haha

Me: I knew it. Lemme guess, you must still be at home.

Female Friend: No you are wrong! Me is right outside my house. Am going to bus stop now. Go to (restaurant's name) and chop seats first.

(One hour and fifteen minutes later)

Me: U better come quick because everone in the restaurant is giving me the all very pitiful looks. When you reach they will give you the i-know-you-turn-up-very-late look.

Female Friend: Haha! But they will change their mind once they see me and give the omg-she-so-very-pretty look. I feel so sorry for the restaurant. Having you sit inside must have frightened off potential customers.

And so Female Friend was late for a grand total of one hour and nineteen minutes.
And so I dumbly sat inside the restaurant for a grand total of one hour and nineteen minutes.

Now although a guy knows a girl is probably going to be late, the very poor male species is often left with no choice but to still turn up early. The male species would rather be tortued by long waiting time rather than create a image of a turn up late for date kind of guy.

Once a girl knows you turn up late, she will tell 10 friends who will in turn tell another 10 friends. And Singapore is not that big, so very soon no girls will want to date you. I am still single and avaliable. I do not want to be single but unavaliable.

And you know why Singapore is not that big? Because in a short span of 4 hours, I saw so many familiar faces that when formed into a line, they can each have a big bright letter on their forehead to form this word:

S-C-A-N-D-A-L-O-U-S

I have a lot of answerings to do for the next few days.

No comments: